At Nave Newell, we have served as expert witnesses in over 20 litigation cases, appearing before both the Court of Commons Pleas and Commonwealth Court.
Our civil engineering and land planning experts bring strong credentials, technical expertise, and the ability to testify and work as part of a trial team. We are known for our thorough expert reports, clear and effective exhibits, and convincing testimony.
We look at the big picture and get a full understanding of the attorney’s legal strategy. We complete a comprehensive evaluation of the project and case materials. We identify our weaknesses as well as those of the opposing side. We then provide the technical data necessary to support the case and help resolve issues outside of court, whenever possible.
We have served as expert witnesses for cases involving:
- Eminent Domain
- Land Valuation
- Land Use Appeals
- Property Line Disputes
Our areas of expertise include:
- Zoning Evaluation and Determination of Highest and Best Use
- Flooding and Floodplains
- Stormwater Management and Drainage
- Design and Construction Defects
- Land Development Permitting and Approvals
- Adverse Possession Claims
Throughout the process, we can provide:
- Analysis of Sites and Case Material
- Review of Codes and Regulations
- Knowledge of Engineering Design Standards and Construction Practices
- Discovery Questions
- Expert Report and Testimony Analysis
- Exhibit, Modeling, and Report Preparation
- Arbitration and Mediation Support
- Deposition/Trial Testimony and Assistance
A sampling of successful and ongoing cases include:
- Appealing the valuation of property condemnation by the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission in Montgomery County, PA.
- Overturning a subdivision denial case in Chester County, PA.
- Providing clear convincing evidence that site improvements did not cause flooding in Chester County, PA.
- Defending the design of another civil engineer who is fighting a lawsuit for construction-related issues in Montgomery County, PA.
- Confirming that a floodway line could have been amended to increase the highest and best use of a property in a condemnation case in Chester County, PA.
- Verifying an incomplete conditional use application in Berks County, PA.